Management of the committees
- Chairman's office open
- All members except chairman belong to 4 standing committees and each standing committee opens with the presence of more than one-third of the enrolled members; it deliberates and decides ordinance bill, a draft budget, settlement of accounts, approved bills, and petitions.
- When deliberating a bill, first there should be a proposer's proposal explanations and expert member's examination report followed by inquiries, discussion and voting on it; there is no limit to speaking times and time on a bill.
- When a committee head finishes deliberation on a bill, he is supposed to report the deliberation results of a bill and other necessary matters in a written form to the general meeting.
A special committee could be organized to deliberate specific matters , if necessary, by a decision at a general meeting, and the special committee lasts until its deliberated bills are put on the vote at a general meeting.
A Voting Right
- Local Council is a representative organ for its residents and a legislative organ of a local autonomous entity.
- The required matters for decision based on the local council's Local Government Act are as follows:
- ① Enactment, revision or abrogation of an ordinance
- ② Deliberation & Decision of a draft budget
- ③ Approval of Accounts
- ④ Imposition and collection of rental fees, commission fees, contributory payments, local taxes or entrance fees excluding those stipulated in laws and ordinances
- ⑤ stablishment & Management of Funds
- ⑥ Acquisition & Disposal of the major assets provided by a Presidential decree
- ⑦ Installation and Disposal of public facilities provided by a Presidential decree
- ⑧ Extra-budget obligatory burden or waiver of the rights excluding those stipulated by laws and ordinances
- ⑨ Receipt & Disposal of a petition
- ⑩ Matters on exchange & cooperation with foreign local autonomous organs
- ⑪ Matters which belong to the authority provided by miscellaneous laws and ordinances
- A general meeting is a council body consisting of the total members of the proper autonomous entity and the meeting is open with the presence of more than one-third of the enrolled members as a final decision-making stage; its major function is to fix its legislative schedules and decide the bills deliberated by the standing committee.
- When a speaker want to take the floor, he needs to get prior permission from the chairman and the speaking time cannot exceed 20 minutes and inquiry, supplementary speech, a speech on the progress of the proceedings and personal speech cannot exceed 10 minutes.