Formation of the Council and Its Organization
- Chairman's office open
The Council OrganizationOrganization
- the steering committee
- the home ministerial committee
- the social welfare committee
- the city construction committee
- the special committee
The Council Formation
A Ward Member is a representative for the ward residents and elected by the ward residents' popular, equal, direct, secret vote. His term of duty is four years and the Council comprises a total of 19 members (17 from 8 constituencies, and 2 from proportional representative)
The Council consists of one chairman, 1 vice-chairman and the 4 standing committees and the special committee if necessary.
- a chairman and vice-chairman are elected by an unsigned vote from the ward council members and their term of duty is two years.
- Chairman represents the Council, arranges the council proceedings, keeps order in the meeting room and supervises the legislative affairs.
- Vice-chairman replaces the job duties of a chairman in case of his emergency.
The standing committee
it consists of the steering committee, home ministerial committee, social welfare committee, and city construction committee ; the standing committee does the job of reviewing bills and petitions within its jurisdiction.
A special committee can be operated by the decision of the general meeting, if necessary, to review and deal with a specific matter.